Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
Western Connecticut Health Network (WCHN) provides contracted Emergency Medical Services (EMS) – including emergency medical treatment and transportation -- in collaboration with Danbury Hospital and New Milford Hospital – for people and municipalities throughout western Connecticut.
For more than 20 years, we have provided expert, quality-driven, pre-hospital emergency medical care and transportation using state-of-the-art vehicles, advanced pre-hospital medicine and supplies, and highly trained personnel. While our primary focus is responding to 9-1-1 medical emergencies, EMS at WHCN is also involved in public education and medical training, injury and illness prevention, and emergency preparedness for the City of Danbury.
Our EMS teams serve the City of Danbury, Town of Bethel, Town of Redding, and the Town of New Fairfield, in addition to several facilities throughout the region. While coordinating care needs between Danbury and New Milford hospitals, EMS actively supports strategic partnerships and events by request to ensure timely, high-quality emergency medical care.
In keeping with our role within Western Connecticut Health Network, we work to advance the health and well being of the people in the community. EMS takes that mission a step further with specific goals to interact with the public in a time of need and provide pre-hospital care with confidence and a commitment to excellence. The tenets that support our mission include:
- To consistently maintain a professional demeanor with humility
- To earn the trust and respect of those we care for through competence and confidentiality
- To realize that being trusted with the lives of others is a sacred responsibility
- To maximize a quality outcome by understanding that we are part of a team effort while interacting with every member of the EMS team
- To become a model for other EMS systems by continuing to advance our training and knowledge, enabling us to look to the future in progressive and innovative ways
For More Information
Contact Western Connecticut Health Network Emergency Medical Services for more information on the services we offer to the members of our communities.