Danbury Hospital has partnered with VHA Inc., a national cooperative of more than 2,200 not-for-profit healthcare organizations across the United States, to bring the Women's Cardiac program to Danbury Hospital for the residents of the communities we serve. Under the direction of Susan Mani, M.D., Medical Director, the Women's Cardiac Program is a comprehensive program of education and outreach designed to identify, prevent, and treat cardiovascular disease in women.
Heart Disease is Serious for Women
More than 500,000 women will die this year in the United States from what many still consider a "man's disease," and countless others will needlessly overlook the greatest health threat facing American families today: Heart Disease. At Danbury Hospital, we take caring for women's cardiology needs seriously.
Dr. Mani is leading the outreach to support early recognition of symptoms and work to motivate people to seek rapid and appropriate care. They will work with hospital teams and regional leaders to improve clinical care practice and outcomes.
Key Educational Messages
- Heart disease is the number one cause of death among women, which most women are unaware of
- Women and their doctors must work together, understanding doctors, nurses, and others at Danbury Hospital focus on continually improving the prompt, effective detection and care of women with heart disease, and work with women to overcome any reluctance to seek treatment
- Women must be more assertive in recognizing the symptoms of a heart attack and seeking immediate care
- Danbury Hospital is the leader in this region in providing the highest quality health care for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of heart disease in women
Women’s Cardiac Health Education
Danbury Hospital hosts' free seminars, featuring speakers on topics including:
- Overview of women and heart disease
- Knowing your numbers
- Diet and nutrition
- Complementary medicine and stress reduction
- Smoking cessation
Please contact us for more information on the Women's Cardiac Program and future seminars.
For More Information
If you have questions about Cardiology at Danbury Hospital, visit our patient and visitor information section, or ask your doctor about Danbury Hospital. For a doctor referral call us at 1-800-511-7821, or search our Find a Doctor online tool to find a doctor near you.