The Colon and Rectal Cancer Program at Danbury Hospital is dedicated to the prevention, detection, and treatment of primary and metastatic cancers of the colon and rectum. At Praxair Cancer Center, we are dedicated to providing you with a multidisciplinary and comprehensive approach to your treatment.
Patients in the Colon and Rectal Cancer Program benefit from:
- Award-winning care: Our doctors are dedicated, board-certified specialists whose work has been consistently rated among the top in the nation for gastrointestinal surgery and overall gastrointestinal services
- Diagnostic expertise: We provide colonoscopies aimed at the early detection and prevention of cancer, and seek to educate the members of our community about the importance of early detection through regular screenings
- Personalized treatment: We place a strong emphasis on personalized, individual attention, working with specialists from many departments to coordinate services and identify the best treatment plan for every patient
- Extensive surgical expertise: Our specially trained surgeons are skilled in various minimally invasive procedures, including laparoscopic colectomy and transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM), so that patients have less pain and scarring, shorter hospital stays, lower risk of complication and shorter recovery times
- Clinical research: Our active clinical research program includes participation in multiple clinical trials for the treatment of cancers of the colon and rectum
- Patient support: Our Cancer Care Coordinator is a specially trained oncology nurse that works with colon and rectal cancer patients, providing information about available services and assisting in the coordination of those services
For More Information
For more information, please visit: Colon and Rectal Surgery.
We are here to make things easier for you, so please call 1-800-511-8639 if you need a physician referral. You can also search our Find a Doctor
online tool to find a doctor in your area. We invite you to visit patient and visitor information
for more detailed information or to ask your doctor about Danbury Hospital