Interventional radiology is a procedure that uses minimally invasive image-guided techniques to perform procedures and treatments.
Interventional Radiology Procedures
Interventional radiology services are offered at our main campus for Danbury Hospital.
- Diagnostic Arteriography
- Angioplasty and Stent Placement
- Vena Cava Filter Placement
- Pulmonary Arteriogram
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS)
- Percutaneous Transvascular Removal of Foreign Body
Percutaneous Biopsy and Abscess Drainage
- Biopsy, Percutaneous Needle Under Fluoroscopic, CT or U/S Guidance
- Renal Biopsy
- Abscess Drainage Under Fluoroscopic, Ultrasonic, or CT Guidance
Biliary and Gastrointestinal Procedures
- Biliary Drainage, Percutaneous Transhepatic
- Biliary Stent Placement
- Gastrostomy Tube Placement
- Ureteral Stent Placement
Vascular Access and Dialysis Interventions
- Fistula Recanalization Procedure
- Central Venous Catheter Placement
- PICC Line Placement
Spine and Musculoskeletal Procedures
Pain Management Procedures
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA)
After reviewing the procedure that you may need, it would be helpful to know how to prepare. We encourage you to read more about preparing for radiology procedure.
For More Information
We offer daytime, weekend, and evening appointments to accommodate your scheduling needs. To learn more about bone density screening, or to schedule an appointment, talk to your doctor about Danbury Hospital.
If you need a doctor referral call us at 1-800-511-8287, or search our Find a Doctor online tool to find a doctor near you.
Chairman, Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging
Fatejeet S. Sandhu, M.D.
Chairman of Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging
Dr. Sandhu is fellowship trained in interventional radiology and body imaging, offering many patients the option of minimally invasive procedures – instead of major surgeries – to diagnose and treat a variety of health conditions. His technical competencies cover a wide range of disciplines, including interventions for gynecologic, oncologic, gastroenterologic, urologic and vascular care.
Find a Doctor Profile
“Patients expect technical competency, but they also have other needs. When you are sick, your life is affected in so many ways. I try to make a difficult situation more tolerable for them. I try to identify what the patient is looking for and then work to deliver on that expectation. It’s important to put them at ease while you are taking good care of them.”
Dr. Sandhu strong leadership background includes 9 years in academic radiology and extensive teaching experience. He was the recipient of annual Distinguished Faculty Awards from the Society for Vascular and Interventional Radiology from 1995-2000. Dr. Sandhu has authored a clinical textbook along with seven textbook chapters, and has served as an editorial consultant and reviewer for American Journal of Radiology and Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology.
Procedures and Specialties
- Fibroid embolization
- Percutaneous biopsy and abscess drainage
- Port implantation
- Biliary and gastrointestinal procedures
- Endo-urologic access
- Vascular access and dialysis
- Inferior vena cava filter placement
- Radiofrequency ablation (RFA)
- Hepatic artery embolization for metastatic colon cancer and hepatocellular cancer
- Renal artery interventions
Related Centers and Departments