Dietetic Internship Program
Candidates interested in the Dietetic Internship Program at Danbury Hospital must meet the following requirements. Selection is based on academics, a personal statement, experience and letters of recommendation. GRE is not required.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Completion of a ACEND Accredited Didactic Program
- A good academic record, with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Good written, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Paid or volunteer experience as it applies to nutrition or food service
Application and Selection Process
Danbury Hospital Dietetic Internship participates in the online centralized internship application, DICAS.
- The online application must be completed by TBD.
- The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application
- Applicants must also register for Spring Computer Match online for computer matching at D & D Digital Systems, there is a $50 computer matching fee.
D & D Digital Systems
304 Main Street
Ames, IA 50010
- Submit the Danbury Hospital Supplemental Application (Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF) and the $50 application fee
(Check payable to Danbury Hospital Dietetic Internship)
- We typically receive around 60 applications for 4 openings
Mail to: Danbury Hospital Food and Nutrition Department
c/o Janet Hiser
24 Hospital Ave
Danbury, CT 06810
Top applicants will be interviewed in early March either in person or through Skype via the internet. Conducted by the Dietetic Internship Director and a panel of preceptors from the program, the interview will last approximately 30 minutes. The panel will ask general questions regarding your experience and skills. Western Connecticut Health Network is an equal opportunity institution with respect to both education and employment.
Western Connecticut Health Network does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, present or past history of mental disorder, disability, handicap or sexual orientation.
Following acceptance to the Internship Program, the student will receive:
A welcome letter with additional information about the program
A list of pre-program assignments
A list of requirements including medical testing and medical insurance
For More Information
If you have questions about the program or the application process, please contact the Internship Director for more information.