Treatments and Procedures
The orthopedic team at Danbury Hospital uses the latest, most advanced technology available to provide expert treatment, surgical and non-surgical, for the full range of orthopedic conditions. We offer the complete continuum of multidisciplinary care for musculoskeletal conditions, including physical therapy and rehabilitation.
Among the services we offer are:
- X-ray (link to radiology)
- CT Scan (link to radiology)
- MRI (link to radiology)
- Radiographs: Imaging studies, typically using x-ray, to examine the affected body part and identify the source of pain
- Arthroplasty: Surgery to replace, repair or resurface a joint affected by arthritis.
- Arthroscopy: A minimally invasive surgical technique to repair injury to a joint
- Closed reduction: A non-surgical method of setting a fractured bone in place so it can heal.
- Core decompression: A surgical procedure to treat avascular necrosis by drilling a small hole into the diseased bone, often followed by a bone graft.
- Fixation: Surgery to implant a permanent rod to secure a broken bone.
- Joint replacement and partial joint replacement: Surgery (also called “arthroplasty”) to replace, fully or partially, a damaged joint with an artificial one.
- MAKOplasty: A partial knee or hip replacement procedure, performed using a robotic arm for superior implant placement, to provide relief for certain types of arthritis.
- Medical Management: Treatments such as medication, splints, braces, etc., for pain relief or to address the underlying causes of the inflammation, illness or injury that is causing discomfort.
- Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF): A two-part surgery to fix broken bones. The first step is putting the bone back in place; the second step is securing it with an internal “fixation” device.
- Physical Therapy (PT) and/or Occupational Therapy (OT): Physical therapy (PT) focuses on helping your injury or impairment to heal, while occupational therapy (OT) focuses on helping the patient perform activities required in daily life. (link to Rehab)
- Steroid injection: An injection of cortisone to provide pain relief in an inflamed joint.
Orthopedic Conditions and Treatment