At Danbury Hospital, our experienced obstetric/gynecologic (ob/gyn) surgeons are known for expertise using minimally invasive surgery for many gynecologic conditions. Many procedures can be done using a vaginal approach, which may not require an external incision. Some complex surgeries are done using the da Vinci Surgical System.
Our expert ob/gyn surgeons diagnose and treat conditions such as:
- Adnexal mass
- Gynecologic cancers
- Painful periods
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic Pain (chronic)
Our gynecologic surgeons perform procedures such as:
- Dilatation and curettage (D&C): A surgical procedure to remove part of the lining of the uterus and/or the contents of the uterus
- Fibroid removal
- Hysterectomy: Removal of the uterus for diagnosis and treatment of a variety of conditions and diseases, including cancer or uterine fibroids
- Treatment for pelvic organ prolapse
- Tubal ligation: Surgical sterilization by sealing the fallopian tubes to prevent eggs from reaching the uterus for fertilization.