Home Healthcare Programs
We offer a variety of specialized home healthcare programs, all tailored to meet the needs of each person, family and situation.
Our professional interdisciplinary team can help you follow your doctor’s recommendations and learn what you need to do to manage your disease or condition at home. Our staff will provide disease-specific tools that:
- Help you to take medications properly and monitor their effects
- Help you to make necessary changes to your diet to control your blood pressure, cholesterol and weight
- Teach you ways to conserve your energy
- Teach you to recognize the signs and symptoms of your condition in order to manage your disease or illness at home
- Help you to make necessary lifestyle changes involving diet, exercise, stress management, or other factors
- Develop strategies to help you cope with your condition
- Make your home safer, based on your specific limitations. We help prevent complications, such as falls, and make recommendations for your home that can make it safer and easier to get around.
- Set realistic goals for daily living that help prevent complications
We offer expert evaluation and services to help reduce the risk of a dangerous fall. We can:
- Discuss fall-risk factors
- Make recommendations to make your home safer
- Evaluate side-effects of medication that may increase fall risk
Medications given intravenously are called infusions. Our services include:
- Instruction in how to administer your infusion therapy
- Our nursing staff will help administer your infusion therapy
Philips Lifeline is a medical alert service that provides fast access to help 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
How does Lifeline Work?
When you experience a fall, medical issue or other emergency, you simply press your personal help button. A Response Associate answers your call within seconds and gets you the help you need.
- Lifeline's personal help button is completely waterproof so you can wear it in the shower or bath
- Lifeline communicators are compact and simply require an electrical outlet and landline phone jack or cellular frequency
- Lifeline communicators are equipped with a battery backup in the event of a loss of power
- AutoAlert adds a layer of protection by automatically placing a call for help if a fall is detected and you cannot push your button
- Prompt caring assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Helps you remain independent in your home
- Increase peace of mind for you and your family
- Help you to follow your surgeon’s exercise recommendations
- Address safety issues in your home, including the need for special equipment, and assessing your ability to care for yourself
- Handle wound and incision care to facilitate healing and prevent complications
- Improve your comfort at home during the healing process
- Help you to take medications to manage pain and monitor their effects
- Help you to recognize the signs and symptoms that should prompt you to seek emergency care
This remote monitoring system allows our clinicians to monitor your vital signs on a daily basis. This is especially important for patients with chronic conditions such as congestive heart failure and COPD, for whom slight changes in weight or blood pressure can be dangerous.
We equip you with a small, easy-to-use computer unit for daily monitoring. Our nurse will teach you how to use it to measure blood pressure, pulse, blood oxygen level and/or weight. The data is transmitted to our office and monitored by our Telemonitoring nurse. If readings are outside of the recommended ranges, we will contact your doctor immediately to discuss an immediate plan of action.
For patients with chronic, slow-healing wounds, our services include:
- Wound cleansing, and changing wound dressings
- Education on changing wound dressings, monitoring healing, managing pain and recognizing potential complications
- Delivering advanced therapies, such as negative pressure wound therapy, to stimulate tissue growth and heal wounds faster
- Making recommendations for the necessary changes to your diet, activities, and other aspects of your life to encourage recovery
Our newsletter brings you recipes, seasonal tips, and hospital news that can benefit you.Read Being Well
Get info on what changes you can make to improve your health and how to make them.More about Living Well
Unlock the power of food to help restore and maintain wellness.More about Eating Well