ACLS Recertification Program
Initial ACLS certification should be obtained via the two day ACLS Provider program
ACLS Recertification for Critical Care staff (ED, ICU, UWW, EMS) should be through the one-day ACLS for Experienced Providers program.
Pre-Requisites to use this Program (Is it right for you?)
- You are recertifying in ACLS. These programs are NOT for initial certification.
- You are currently certified in BLS healthcare provider level CPR.
- Have access to a computer that meets the minimum Hardware and Software requirements (see below).
HeartCode ACLS via HealthStream Software Requirements:
- Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows 98,2000 or XP
- Adobe Reader 5
- Flash Player 8
ACLS Anywhere via CD Hardware Requirements:
- Pentium III 450 MHz
- 64 MB RAM
- 650 MB hard disk space
- 256-bit color
- CD-ROM drive
How do I Register for this Course?
- Click on the Register Online button at the bottom of this page.
- If you are a non-physician and a Danbury Hospital employee, choose the HeartCodeACLS program on HealthStream.
- If you are not a Danbury Hospital employee or you are a physician choose the ACLS Anywhere CD.
- Once registered you will receive information on how to access the on-line ACLS recert program of your choice.
- Complete the case scenarios and the written exam using the on-line ACLS videos and reference materials.
Print out your certificate of completion and return it to ETR via:
Mail to 36 Tamarack Ave, Suite 319, Danbury, CT 06810
FAX to (203) 739-1605
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet with one of the ETR ACLS instructors for a brief evaluation and to answer any questions that you have.
- Receive your new ACLS Card
Extensive Reference Materials
HeartCode ACLS contains all the lessons from the ACLS texts with over 20 hours of educational content. Providers can review all of the material from start to finish or focus on the topics on which they feel they need to spend more time. HeartCode ACLS includes all the areas required for successful completion of the ACLS Program including:
Upon the completion of a given scenario, the provider is presented with a detailed debriefing screen. This debriefing is more than just a list of events ending with a score. Providers are presented with an account of their actions, calling out both correct and incorrect actions. Suggestions for improvement are offered and all appropriate reference materials is hyperlinked to the debriefing, allowing immediate remediation at the conclusion of the scenario.
$120 / $225
If you are a Danbury Hospital or Danbury Health Systems affiliate an e-mail confirmation of the cost center from which the fee must be transfered will be required.
Non-employees will be invoiced for the cost of the program.
Emergency Training Resources at myETR