Baby Care Basics
Programs for Parents is an educational program for new parents expecting the birth of a child. For convenience, the program offers educational classes as a series of classes, one-day or two-day classes.
Baby Care Basics class provides both partners a basic understanding of the physical traits, behavior and care of the newborn in order to make safe and informed decisions their care when a newborn first comes home.
The goal of the Baby Care Basics class is to inform and instruct you to care for your new baby during your first days and weeks at home.
- Identify and describe the appearance of the healthy newborn
- Understand common newborn procedures
- Identify what to bring to the hospital for your infants comfort and safety
- Describe and demonstrate the safe handling of the newborn
- Describe and demonstrate techniques related to the care and hygiene of infants (bathing, diapering, burping, umbilical cord care, circumcision care)
- Identify and ensure a safe infant environment
- Describe normal infant behaviors as well as common deviations
- Identify and begin to develop techniques for coping with the stress of early parenthood
- Identify resources for support in the community
Robilotti Conference Center
24 Hospital Avenue
Danbury, CT 06810
Registration and More Information
Please call 1-800-511-9971 to register or more information about the "Programs for Parents" classes.
Check our calendar for when other Programs for Parents classes and series are available. You can also learn more about our Family Birth Center and the Level IIIb Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Danbury Hospital.