Diving Medicine Conference
The Diving Medicine Conference is made up of two sessions.
The morning program will offer insight and education in key topics in Diving Medicine led by experts in the field of diving medicine.
The afternoon session will offer certification courses in both advance oxygen and neuro assessment by Divers Alert Network.
Nicholas Bird, MD
Chief Medical Officer
Divers Alert Network
Richard Sadler, MD
Diving Medical Physician
Bernie Chowdhury, CHT
Instructor, DAN, SDI, TDI
David Charash, DO
Medical Director Wound Care Hyperbaric Medicine
Participants will be eligible for 3 CME/CEU credits
- Diving Emergencies given by Dr. Bird
- Situational Awareness and the Psychology of Diving given by Dr. Sadler
- Operational Training and Safety Principles given by Bernie Chowdhury, CHT
- When to Retire the Diver given by Dr. Charash
Pre-requisites for the afternoon program: Students must have a current/up-to-date, full CPR certification and must complete the online pre-course modules prior to attending the course
Divers Alert Network will offer two certification courses:
When completing the online module, you will be asked to enter a trainer email on the login page, please enter firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who participate in the afternoon program will have the option to earn both certifications
- Recreational and technical divers
- Public Safety Divers
- Medical Providers(Physicians, NP’s, PA’s, EMT’s, RN’s, Paramedics)
- Morning Session: $30 includes lunch
- Afternoon Session: Certification Courses are $65 per course or $100 for dual certication.
- Morning Session: Registration must be received by April 10th.
- Afternooon Session: Registration must be received by April 1st.
For questions or to register, please contact Gina Lacey at (203) 739-4964.
John C. Creasy Auditorium
24 Hospital Ave
Danbury, CT 06810
Register Now >>