Programs for Parents Breastfeeding Class
Programs for Parents is an educational program for new parents expecting the birth of a child. For convenience, the program offers educational classes as a series of classes, one-day or two-day classes.
The Breastfeeding class is designed to provide mothers with an understanding of the advantages and benefits of breastfeeding.
The goal of the Breastfeeding class is to inform and instruct you to care for your new baby during your first days and weeks at home.
- Understand the advantages and benefits of breastfeeding for the infant, mother, partner and society
- Demonstrate how to correctly position and latch the baby to the breast
- Learn how to breastfeed (Frequency of feed, Duration of feeds, Feeding cues, Feeding log, Weight gain, Maintaining an adequate milk supply)
- Awareness of the common concerns associated with breastfeeding and methods to resolve the problem
- Understanding of the various types of electric breast pumps and how to choose the pump that will best fit their needs
Robilotti Conference Center
24 Hospital Avenue
Danbury, CT 06810
Registration and More Information
Please call 1-800-511-9971 to register or more information about the "Programs for Parents" classes.
Check our calendar for when other Programs for Parents classes and series are available. You can also learn more about our Family Birth Center and the Level IIIb Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Danbury Hospital.