PALS One Day Recertification
The PALS Provider course is designed for healthcare providers who initiate and direct advanced life support beyond basic life support through the stabilization or transport phase of a pediatric emergency, either in or out of the hospital.In this course you will enhance your skills in the evaluaion and management of an infant or child with respiratory, circulatory compromise or cardiac arrest.
This is a one day PALS Recertification course.
Participants must have current PALS card to attend.
Class materials can be picked up from 11 West two weeks prior to start of event.
Pre test is due the first day of class.
- Understand and be able to perform the systematic approach to pediatric assessment of a seriously ill or injured child, including the general, primary, secondary and tertiary assessment
- Use the assess-categorize-decide-act approach to decision making 8recognize and manage a child in respiratory distress or failure and /or compensated hypotensive shock
- Recognize and manage a child with life-threatening bradyarrhythmia, tachyarrhythmia or arrest rhythm
- Describe key elements of effective resuscitation team behaviors and explain why the foundation of successful resuscitation includes both mastery of basic skills and effective team dynamics
- Prevent further deterioration of the child's condition during the stabilization and transfer phase of care
Free for Danbury Hospital employees: due to the current demand for spots in ACLS classes and the very high no-show rate at these classes, there is a $75.00 registration fee (refundable upon attendance at class).
$200 for non Danbury Hospital employees
To register, call 203-739-7633
24 Hospital Ave
Danbury, CT 06810
Register Now >>