Diving Medicine Conference
The Diving Medicine Conference is made up of two sessions.
The morning program will offer insight and education in key topics in Diving Medicine led by experts in the field of diving medicine.
The afternoon session will offer certification courses in both advance oxygen and neuro assessment by Divers Alert Network.
Learn more about these offerings by visiting O2.
Owen J. O'Neill, M.D.
Department of Hyperbaric Medicine
Phelps Memorial Hospital Center
David Charash, D.O.
Hyperbaric and Diving Medicine
Team Lifeguard Systems, New York
Nick Bird, M.D.
Chief Medical Officer
Divers Alert Network
Tye Conklin, AST1
United States Coast Guard
Arrive at 8 a.m. to meet the vendors and enjoy
coffee and tea
The am lectures begin at 9am and end at 12:30 pm
12:30 to 1:30 pm lunch. Meet and greet the speakers
3.5 CME/CEU credits have been applied for.
- Medical evaluation of the diver with Cardiac Conditions: To Dive or Not to Dive? given by Dr. O'Neill
- Expectations after Diving Injury given by Dr. Bird
- Searching and Diving in Black Water given by Andrea Zaferes
- Otic Barotrauma: Protecting your Ears given by Dr. Charash
1:30-4:00pm - DAN Education Training Programs: Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries
Pre-requisites for the afternoon program: Students must have a current/up-to-date, full CPR certification and must complete the online pre-course modules prior to attending the course
- Recreational and technical divers
- Commerial and Public Safety Divers
- Medical Providers(Physicians, NP's, PA's, EMT' s, RN's, Paramedics)
- Morning Session: $35 includes lunch
- Afternoon Session: Certification Courses are $90 per course; $75 for current DAN members.
- Afternooon Session: Registration is required must be received by April 1st.
For questions or to register for the two sessions, please contact Gina Lacey at (203) 739-4964.
John C. Creasy Auditorium
24 Hospital Ave
Danbury, CT 06810
Parking is free and participants should park in the Blue Parking Garage.
Note:Hospital employees must wear badges snd guests will be given a pass to wear.