New Milford Hospital Volunteer Services Orientation
The first step to becoming a volunteer is registering for a two and a half (2.5) hour volunteer orientation and information session.
This orientation is open only for those interested in volunteering in the Gift Shop or as an Ambassador (volunteers must age 16 or older). We are looking for a 3 month or longer term commitment.
You must register online to attend this orientation . We will contact you to confirm the start/end time of the orientation session.
At Volunteer Orientation, you will learn about:
- What is expected of New Milford Hospital volunteers
- Which medical and clearance forms you will be asked to fill out
- How the application and interview process works
- HIPAA, compliance, infection control and more
Gift Shop (various shifts available):
- Assist in changing displays/signage regularly with consideration to buying audience and season
- Stock/ restock merchandise
- Learn product knowledge to ensure superior customer service
- Dust shelves, wipe counters/Glass, sweep floor, and water flowers
Ambassadors (various shifts available)
- Direct people to proper locations
- Greets patients and/ or visitors upon arrival at the hospital
- When necessary; escort to location either walking or by wheelchair
- Alert security in the event of suspicious/ questionable behavior
- Put tags over addresses on magazines donated, and disburse them to various waiting areas and/ or patient rooms
- Deliver flowers/cards/newspapers to patient areas
Register Now >>