OBGYN Research Day
Featured guest speaker is Amy Young, M.D., Abe Mickal Professor and Chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Louisiana State University
Western Connecticut Health Network will host the First Annual State of Connecticut OB/GYN Residents' Research Day at Danbury Hospital on Thursday, September 19, 2013 from 2 to 7:30 p.m. The program, sponsored by the Danbury Hospital Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, will take place in the John C. Creasy Center for Health Education Auditorium. Participants will include OB/GYN residents, medical students, physician professors and researchers and other members of the research and healthcare communities from across Connecticut and nearby New York. The integration of research and education is crucial in developing future cutting edge physicians.
Schedule of OB/GYN Resident's Research Day Events
The program schedule for the First Annual State of Connecticut OB/GYN Resident's Research Day at Danbury Hospital, follows:
- 2:00 - 2:30 PM REGISTRATION
- 2:30 - 2:45 PM WELCOME, OPENING REMARKS, Shohreh Shahabi, MD, FACOG, Chair, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology and Chair, Reproductive Tumor Biology Research Laboratory
- 2:45 - 3:45 PM ORAL PRESENTATIONS (session 1)
- 3:45 - 4:45 PM ORAL PRESENTATIONS (session 2)
- 4:45 - 5:00 PM BREAK
- 5:00 - 5:15 PM INTRODUCTION OF DR. AMY YOUNG, Shohreh Shahabi, MD
- 5:15 - 6:15 PM "EDUCATION & RESEARCH - EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH", Amy Young, MD
- 6:15 - 7:00 PM BUFFET DINNER - DANBURY HOSPITAL'S KARINA HABER, M.D., PGY III OB/GYN RESIDENT, WILL PRESENT A DISCUSSION ON "A MISSION TOWARDS CHANGE: AN OB/GYN RESIDENT'S EXPERIENCE IN UGANDA"
- 7:00 - 7:15 PM DESSERT AND BREAK FOR JUDGES
- 7:15 - 7:30 PM AWARDS AND CLOSING REMARKS, Robert Samuelson, MD
For more information and to register no later than September 9, 2013, please call Jennifer Ballard at 203-739-6378.
Register Now >>