New Visitor Guidelines Support a Restful and Safe Patient Experience
Danbury Hospital has announced that new visitor guidelines have been established and will become effective Tuesday, November 9, 2010. The new visitor guidelines were designed exclusively to provide a restful and safe patient experience.
“Patients are always at the center of our decision-making. The new visitor guidelines will support a restful and safe environment, in balance with the therapeutic benefit and reassurance provided by visitation when someone is ill or injured” said Dawn Myles, Vice President of Quality and Patient Safety at the hospital.
- General visiting hours are 10:00am until 8:00pm.
- Two visitors are allowed to visit a patient at one time.
- Visitors should check-in at the information desks in the Main or Stroock Lobbies for a visitor’s pass.
- Visitors are asked to wear the visitor badge at all times.
- The Intensive Care Unit, Family Birth Center, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Psychiatry have specific guidelines. Please call ahead for specific information or ask the host at the Information Desk.
- Children are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- We ask that if you are not feeling well, or have been exposed to flu or other illness, that you postpone your visit to a time when you are feeling better.
About Danbury Hospital
Danbury Hospital is a 371-bed regional medical center and university teaching hospital associated with the University of Vermont College of Medicine, the Yale University School of Medicine, the University of Connecticut School of Medicine and Columbia University Medical Center. The hospital provides centers of excellence in cardiovascular services, cancer, weight loss surgery, orthopedics, digestive disorders, radiology and diagnostic imaging. It also offers specialized programs for sleep disorders and asthma management . Medical staff members are board-certified in their specialties, and most serve on the faculty of the nation’s finest medical centers offering a higher level of experience.