Rheumatologist Joyce Reyes Thomas, M.D. Joins Danbury Office of Physician Services
The Danbury Office of Physician Services, P.C. is pleased to announce that Joyce Reyes Thomas, M.D. has joined the Danbury Hospital Department of Medicine, Section of Rheumatology. Dr. Reyes Thomas is a practicing physician at 25 Germantown Road in Danbury, CT and 21 South Street in Ridgefield, CT.
Dr. Reyes Thomas earned her medical degree from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry and completed her internship and residency at the Brown University Internal Medicine Program in Providence, RI. She was fellowship-trained at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine Rheumatology Program and is Board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and is Board eligible for Rheumatology.
Dr. Reyes Thomas clinical interests include:
- Diagnosis and management of inflammatory arthritis syndromes such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Anklyosing Spondylitis and Crystalline Arthopathies such as Gout and CPPD
- Management of difficult to treat osteoporosis with a certificate in clinical bone densitometry
- Diagnosis and management of vasculitides such as Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Wegener’s Granulomatosis, Polyarteritis Nodosa, Churg-Strauss Syndrome, Microscopic Polyangiitis, Sjogren’s Syndrome and Giant Cell Arteritis
- Diagnosis and management of inflammatory muscle diseases such as Polymyositis, Dermatomyositis and Inclusion-Body Myositis and connective tissue disorders such as Systemic Sclerosis
- Non-surgical treatment of osteoarthritis, including steroid injections and viscosupplementation with hyaluronic acid derivatives
- Treatment and diagnosis of soft-tissue rheumatism, with experience in trigger-point injections, bursa injections and multiple joint and fascia injections
Dr. Reyes Thomas is now accepting new patients and same day appointments. To make an appointment with Dr. Reyes Thomas, please call 203-794-5600.
About Danbury Hospital
Danbury Hospital is a 371-bed regional medical center and university teaching hospital associated with the University of Vermont College of Medicine, the Yale University School of Medicine, the University of Connecticut School of Medicine and Columbia University Medical Center. The hospital provides centers of excellence in cardiovascular services, cancer, weight loss surgery, orthopedics, digestive disorders, radiology and diagnostic imaging. It also offers specialized programs for sleep disorders and asthma management. Medical staff members are board-certified in their specialties, and most serve on the faculty of the nation’s finest medical centers offering a higher level of experience.