In accordance with Danbury Hospital’s ongoing effort to bring you the highest level of care, we’re growing with a new garage and Tower.
- We’re nearing completion of the Blue Garage on Hospital Ave. and are on-time to finish that phase of our expansion in late January-weather permitting. When the Blue Garage re-opens this winter, it will likely be limited to employees only until all major construction is finished. Our main parking area and entry will remain the Locust Ave entrance for patients and visitors for the duration of the full project (completion is set for early 2014). This will give our neighbors on Hospital Ave. some relief.
- The crane will be in place in the hospital parking area on Thursday, December 1st from 6:30am until 9am to place lighting equipment in the Blue Garage. It will then be dismantled the same day.
- There will be paving on Hospital Ave this Friday, December 2nd. The road has been widened here and new sidewalks are in place. This paving should be completed same day and may cause a minute or two delay getting through the area.
- Blasting is scheduled to commence for the Tower build on or around December 9th. The blasting, anticipated to last several weeks, will take place Monday-Friday from 7am-4pm. All precautions will be in place and the same signal and alert systems will notify neighbors and others in advance of blasting. Our contractor, Gilbane Co. has already begun surveying area homes and offices.
- Truck traffic will be moderate through early January as fill is removed and then subside.
- The widening of Tamarack Ave is awaiting CL&P completing line work in the area. We’ll keep you apprised of a schedule when we receive that information.
We welcome your questions and ideas. Please contact us or call 203-739-7247.
For More Information
Ask your doctor about Danbury Hospital.
If you need a doctor referral call us at 1-800-516-3658, or search our Find a Doctor online tool to find a doctor near you.