Western Connecticut Health Network Launches Brand Campaign
Western Connecticut Health Network announces the implementation of an awareness campaign that caps off a year of exciting growth for the newly affiliated organizations of Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital and their partner organizations. Joining in the first-year celebration with brand new names are: the Western Connecticut Medical Group (formerly Danbury Office of Physician Services); Western Connecticut Home Care (formerly Danbury VNA); the Western Connecticut Health Network Affiliates (formerly the Danbury Health Care Affiliates) and the Western Connecticut Health Network Foundation (formerly the Danbury Hospital Development Fund).
A vision shared
A year ago, President and CEO John Murphy articulated a vision for the affiliation that has become a reality: Create a regional network that provides the best possible health care to residents of western Connecticut. This means not only organizing but also optimizing the various elements of the healthcare network to ensure our community has easy access to high quality care and exceptional service. It also provides an opportunity to strengthen our collective and individual roles as advocates for the health and wellness of our patients and community. “The new logo represents our energized and collaborative organization, while the new partner names help identify the many providers and care sites that make up our innovative organization,” said Judith Ward, Vice President, marketing for the network.
It’s more than just a name change
It was one year ago this week, that Danbury Hospital and New Milford Hospital formerly joined together to form Western Connecticut Health Network. The new logo naming campaign ties all of the network partners together under a single brand that is multi-faceted and multi-specialty in its approach to health care. Key milestones representing the successful affiliation include:
- More than 300 patients were transferred between hospitals that previously may have been transferred out of the area for care.
- Physician collaboration is growing and more than 74 physicians have chosen to join the staff at each of the two hospitals.
- Quality standards and care standardizations, always meaningful, are now shared across the network.
- Core clinical services are available at each hospital
- There is greater access to primary and specialty care
- There is expanded medical expertise and technology across all entities
A year of review, discovery and great collaboration
In addition to improving access and standardizing a quality approach, cost savings have been realized as many departments explore process improvement. Provisions for a consistent approach to how physicians join the medical staff and to more easily work at either hospital.
- Quality oversight is ensured via a single board committee setting common and high expectations
- Sharing best practices across both hospitals and multiple clinical departments
- Standardized nursing policies and protocols including: National Patient Safety Goals (pain management, patient communication and medication management)
- Organizational quality and safety goals are now identical at both hospitals
A very bright future
The Western Connecticut Health Network commitment is clear and focused with patients and community at its core.
- Access to the right care, at the right place, at the right time for our patients and community
- Enhanced consistency in care to drive out variation and improve quality
- Long term viability with improved financial performance and efficiencies
- Build an organization prepared for health care reform
About Western Connecticut Health Network
Western Connecticut Health Network is a patient-centered health care organization established in 2010 by two nationally recognized hospitals, Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital and their affiliated organizations, to provide the highest level of care to patients throughout Western Connecticut and adjacent New York. In addition to the two hospitals, other network affiliates include:
- An integrated physician practice with primary and specialty care expertise
- An agency for home care and community health services
- A full-service retail pharmacy located at Danbury Hospital
- Emergency medical services
- An occupational wellness and medicine program, providing services for business and industry
Western Connecticut Health Network has centers of excellence in Women’s, neonatal, cardiovascular and cancer services; weight loss and orthopedic surgery; digestive disorders and radiology and diagnostic imaging. It also offers specialized programs for sleep disorders and asthma management. Both hospitals also maintain active clinical research programs, offering clinical trials for patients with cancer and other health concerns. For more information, visit www.WesternConnecticutHealthNetwork.org
About Danbury Hospital
Danbury Hospital is a 371-bed regional medical center and university teaching hospital associated with the University of Vermont College of Medicine, the Yale University School of Medicine, the Connecticut School of Medicine and Columbia University Medical Center. The hospital is nationally recognized as a tertiary health care center with an innovative high-tech, high-touch environment and is also a member of the Planetree organization. In addition to offering the latest robotic and minimally invasive surgical and imaging technology, it was the first hospital in Connecticut to adopt electronic health records systems. It offers a Level II Trauma Center and Level IIIb Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Medical staff members are board-certified in their specialties, and most serve as faculty members of the nation’s finest university medical centers offering a higher level of experience. For more information, visit www.DanburyHospital.org and share your comments with us at www.Facebook.com/DanburyHospital.
About New Milford Hospital
New Milford Hospital is a Planetree organization dedicated to patient-centered care that nurtures every patient's body, mind and spirit. The Hospital has an extraordinary tradition of warm and caring personal attention backed by top-notch physicians, world-class technology and the newest, most advanced diagnostic and treatment options available. Your healthcare team of highly trained physicians, nurses, technicians and administrators is determined and committed to improving the health and quality of life of those we serve. For more information, visit www.NewMilfordHospital.org and share your comments with us www.facebook.com/NewMilfordHospital.