Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital Fully Operational
Physician Practices Re-open and Outpatient Services Largely Restored
While our community is still experiencing some effects from Hurricane Sandy,
Western Connecticut Health Network is re-opening most outpatient services
Wednesday, October 31st.
- Elective Surgeries at Danbury Hospital and New Milford Hospital are moving forward as previously scheduled.
- Testing and physician offices at the Danbury Hospital Medical Arts Center will re-open for previously
scheduled patients and new appointments.
- Western Connecticut Health Network outpatient laboratory service centers,
blood drawing stations and imaging services are restored and open for patients on Wednesday, October 31st
(except in Ridgefield, Monroe and the Outpatient Laboratory Service Center in New Milford,
which are closed due to loss of power).
- Western Connecticut Surgical Center at Ridgefield and Western Connecticut Diagnostic Imaging at Ridgefield remain closed due to power outages.
- All Physician practices of the Western Connecticut Medical Group are open for patients
with the exception of Western Connecticut Medical Group at Monroe and at Ridgefield (both Primary Care
and Cardiology are closed) where offices are without power. Also closed are the
WCMG at Danbury (Primary Care and Child Health and Wellness Center).
As power restorations continue, we encourage all patients with appointments on Wednesday and
later this week to call to reconfirm their appointments before leaving home.
The leadership and staff of Western Connecticut Health Network extend deep gratitude to our
patients and community for their support and patience during this storm.
About Western Connecticut Health Network
Western Connecticut Health Network is the region's premiere, patient-centered health care organization serving residents of Western Connecticut and adjacent New York. The organization is anchored by two nationally recognized hospitals, Danbury Hospital and New Milford Hospital, as well as their affiliated organizations. In addition to the two hospitals, the continuum of care offered includes the following affiliates:
- Western Connecticut Medical Group, an integrated physician practice with primary and specialty care expertise
- Western Connecticut Home Care, an agency for home care and community health services
- The Western Connecticut Health Network Foundations
- Emergency medical and Level II trauma services
- an occupational wellness and medicine program, providing services for business and industry
- a nationally renowned Biomedical Research Institute
Western Connecticut Health Network has centers of excellence in women's health, cardiovascular and cancer services; minimally invasive and joint and spine surgery; digestive disorders and radiology and diagnostic imaging. It also offers specialized programs for neonatology with a Level IIIb neonatal intensive care unit and accredited sleep disorder centers. Both hospitals also maintain active clinical research programs, offering clinical trials for patients with cancer and other health concerns.