Center for Advanced Orthopedic and Spine Care
Our people are our greatest asset at the Center for Advanced Orthopedic and Spine Care at Danbury Hospital and make all the difference in the world for you and your loved ones.
We take a total team approach to orthopedic and spine care with some of Connecticut’s top board-certified surgeons and anesthesiologists who are teamed up with specially trained orthopedic and spine nurses, physical therapists, and other professionals.
With a multidisciplinary team this tight and in tune with one another, we can make sure that your diagnosis and treatment, start to finish, goes as smoothly as possible.
From our team to yours, Danbury Hospital will treat you with a higher level of orthopedic and spine care.
You can trust your orthopedic or spine care to the experience and expertise we have at Danbury Hospital. For example:
- More than 1,300 patients per year choose Danbury Hospital for their joint replacement and inpatient spine surgery, ranking us among the top five of Connecticut's hospitals for total number of joint replacements and tops in Western Connecticut and Fairfield County.
- Over 2,000 patients have selected Danbury Hospital surgeons to perform their outpatient orthopedic and spine surgeries.
- Board-certified, fellowship-trained surgeons specializing in joint replacement, spine, and minimally invasive orthopedic procedures. Their record demonstrates superior patient outcomes and high levels of patient satisfaction
- Advanced surgical techniques include computer-assisted surgery, custom implant selection, and joint sparing, motion preserving techniques all designed to achieve better outcomes and shorten recovery times
Advanced Pain Management
Because your comfort is important to us, we take your pain needs seriously with our advanced pain management at The Center for Advanced Orthopedic and Spine Care at Danbury Hospital. This advanced pain management includes:
- Dedicated orthopedic and spine anesthesiologists certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology
- State-of-the-art pain management techniques, including techniques that limit the side effects found with general anesthesia and promote faster recovery
Continuum of Care
At The Center for Advanced Orthopedic and Spine Care at Danbury Hospital, our staff is dedicated to providing superior patient care before, during, and after your surgery. Thorough follow-up, comfort, and rehabilitation, are part of our continuation of care. While here at our center you can expect:
- An inpatient care coordinator for our Total Joint and Spine Programs. This clinically trained professional provides a resource to you and your family from the time you decide to have surgery through your recovery process
- Dedicated orthopedic and spine operating rooms and specialty trained clinical support staff
- Dedicated orthopedic and spine recovery unit with physician assistants, nursing, and rehabilitation staff trained in the care of orthopedic and spine patients
- State-of-the-art diagnostic imaging technology in a fully digital environment
- Acute in-hospital therapy services and dedicated inpatient rehabilitation unit
- Outpatient physical and occupational therapy
- Access to home care services with the Danbury Visiting Nurse Association
- Collaboration with local sub-acute rehabilitation facilities
Patient Education and Support
We understand that our patients and caretakers need to have complete information about any procedures that take place at Danbury Hospital, so we make it a priority to present a comprehensive patient orientation, including letting you know what to expect before, during, and after surgery.
We’ll also explain the best ways to get back to your normal life and stay well. You have our support every step of the way!
Whether it is a preoperative education class, the Emmi program, or information provided directly by your surgeon, our patients get the information they need to feel prepared for what lies ahead.
For More Information
Call 1-800-511-9816 if you need a physician referral, or ask your doctor about Danbury Hospital. You can also use our Find a Doctor online tool to find an orthopedic or spine specialist.
For more information about orthopedic or spine care at Danbury Hospital, you can also visit Orthopedic Surgery, Spine Surgery, or Neurosurgery.
Watch My Story
“It went exactly like I was told. I had no worries, they planned everything for me …visiting nurses, therapy, walkers… they knew exactly what I needed.”
Watch this video in our media gallery