Western medicine focuses primarily on illness and disease, whereas complementary medicine emphasizes wellness. The Complementary Medicine Program at Danbury Hospital helps educate patients to become more responsible participants in attaining wellness.
Through our various programs and services, we help our inpatients find ways to heal and cope. These include:
- Instruction on various relaxation techniques for stress reduction
- Energy Work including healing touch, therapeutic touch and reflexology
- Music therapy, which provides live therapeutic music at the bedside to create a healing environment
- Massage therapy for stress reduction and pain management
- Continuous Ambient Relaxation Environment (CARE) Channels on every patient’s television that have been proven effective for stress reduction and pain management
For More Information
To learn more about Complementary Medicine, ask your doctor about Danbury Hospital. Need a doctor? Use our Find a Doctor online tool or call us at 1-800-516-3658 for a physician referral.
In addition, you may find more resources in our comprehensive patient and visitor information section.