Doctors use Nuclear Cardiology to help diagnose cardiac disease. Nuclear Cardiology studies are similar to cardiology stress tests. They use images of your heart when you’re resting and during exercise. Your doctor uses Nuclear Cardiology for many reasons:
- Visualize blood flow patterns to the heart walls, or a myocardial perfusion scan
- Evaluate the presence and extent of suspected or known coronary artery disease
- Determine the extent of injury to the heart following a heart attack, or myocardial infarction
- Evaluate the results of bypass surgery or other revascularization procedures designed to restore blood supply to the heart
- Evaluate heart-wall movement and overall heart function with a technique called cardiac gating
For More Information
If you need a physician referral for Nuclear Medicine call us at 1-800-511-8287.
Visit our patient education area for more information about a test or procedure, or use our Find a Doctor online tool for information about our medical staff.