The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program at Danbury Hospital helps patients with chronic lung diseases such as:
- Emphysema: A chronic obstructive pulmonary disease that makes breathing difficult. It is caused by chronic irritation of the lung tissue.
- Chronic Bronchitis: A long-term inflammation of the bronchi, which results in increased production of mucus, as well as other changes.
- Bronchiectasis: A lung disease in which pockets form in the air tubes of the lung and become sites for infection, can also occur.
- Interstitial Lung Diseases: Interstitial lung diseases are named after the tissue between the air sacs of the lungs called the interstitium, the tissue affected by fibrosis (scarring). Interstitial lung diseases may also be called interstitial pulmonary fibrosis or pulmonary fibrosis
- Asthma: A chronic inflammation of the lungs. During attacks, the airway becomes inflamed and restricts breathing.
Pulmonary rehabilitation can include:
- Medical management
- Emotional support
- Breathing retraining
- Nutritional counseling
For More Information
Search our Find a Doctor online tool to find a doctor specializing in pulmonary disease near you, or if you need a physician referral call 1-800-516-3658.
Additional resources to learn more about Danbury Hospital can be found in our comprehensive patient and visitor information section.