Rheumatology, Department of Medicine
Rheumatology at Danbury Hospital is committed to providing cutting-edge care to the members of our community and surrounding areas. Our doctors are specialists in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of rheumatic diseases.
Our programs and services include:
- Treatment and management of rheumatoid arthritis, an autoimmune disease that causes chronic inflammation of the joints and other organs in the body.
- Comprehensive care for patients with lupus, a chronic, inflammatory autoimmune disorder that can affect the skin, joints, kidneys, and other organs.
- Lyme disease assessment and treatment.
- Treatment of bone diseases such as osteoarthritis and osteoporosis.
- Assessment and treatment of fibromyalgia, a common condition characterized by long-term, body-wide pain and tender points in joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues.
- Care for patients with gout, an acute form of arthritis that causes sudden, severe attacks of pain, redness and tenderness in joints.
- Evaluation and management of scleroderma, an autoimmune disease of the connective tissue characterized by the formation of scar tissue (fibrosis) in the skin and organs of the body.
For More Information
To find a doctor in Rheumatology, use our Find a Doctor online tool; or if it’s a physician referral that you need, just call our toll-free number at 1-800-516-3658.
In addition, we have more extensive information in our patient and visitor information section where you can learn more about Danbury Hospital.