The possibilities for professional growth never end. A Danbury Hospital nursing career can be as dynamic and unique as any individual nurse. Our goal is to provide newer nurses with a strong foundation and a path for growth, and our more experienced nurses with continuing, rewarding ways to apply their critical thinking and rich experience.
In-house review courses are offered as needed to help nurses obtain their certification as well as maintain certification. Danbury Hospital reimburses certification exam fees for successful certifications.
Danbury Hospital partners with several area schools of nursing, such as:
- Sacred Heart University
- Fairfield University
- Western Connecticut State University
- Oakland University
These partnerships make achieving an advanced nursing degree more convenient and affordable.
Some classes are offered on-site, some online, some in traditional classroom settings with the potential for tuition reimbursement upon successful completion. Nurses who pursue a Doctorate in Nursing Practice (DNP) may also be eligible for tuition reimbursement.
Harold, Myra and Cora Spratt Center for Nursing Education and Research
The driving force behind newly the established Harold, Myra and Cora Spratt Center for Nursing Education and Research is the vision that Danbury Health Systems will be the premier provider of career growth opportunities and the destination healthcare system for nurses.
The Spratt Center’s mission is to provide quality patient care through increased educational and research opportunities.
The Center’s main objectives include:
- Enhancing nurse retention and recruitment thus impacting the nursing shortage
- Establishing a learning environment that promotes improved patient outcomes
- Providing educational opportunities that enhance employee morale and collaboration
- Promoting global shared learning and knowledge
The Center was announced in May 2008 during Nurses’ Week. Under the direction of the Center’s first visiting scholar, Joyce J. Fitzpatrick, PhD, RN, FAAN, Elizabeth Brooks Ford Professor of Nursing, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, the center has provided:
- Research and publication workshops
- Preparation and submission of a Health Resources & Services Administration grant
- Assistance with numerous journal submissions
- Partnerships with schools of nursing including Boston College, Fairfield University, University of Connecticut and Western Connecticut State University
- Opportunities for global collaboration including University of Padua, Italy, Royal College of Nursing and Buckinghamshire Hospital, England
- Support for national and international conferences on patient safety and quality initiatives and nursing excellence
For More Information
At Danbury Hospital, we’re proud of our Nursing team. Learn more about our Nursing team in our publication, How We Measure Nursing Excellence.
Learn more about our Nursing Education Programs and why the Department of Nursing at Danbury Hospital is the workplace of choice.