Danbury Hospital offers a full range of reproductive endocrinology and infertility services with physicians who are board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology as well as reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
Our experts take a holistic approach to assist women who are facing challenges with starting or extending their families. Women have access to infertility experts with pregnancy rates in the top one percent in the nation.
Advanced Infertility Services
Among the services available:
- Full range of all infertility evaluations and treatments
- Surgical management of all routine and advanced infertility issues
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) with rates in the top 1 percentile in the nation
- Embryo cryopreservation
- Oocyte (egg) freezing
- Fertility preservation for cancer patients
- Donor sperm treatment cycles
- Donor egg treatment cycles
- Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) for all single gene disorders
- Advanced Comprehensive Chromosomal Screening (CCS)/Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) for aneuploidy screening. Patients have access to one of only four IVF centers in the country that can screen for all 24 chromosomes (22 autosomes plus the X & Y sex chromosomes) with 99% accuracy
- Recurrent pregnancy loss evaluation and management
- Integrated fertility and wellness program that includes laser acupuncture, fertility yoga classes, nutritional counseling and support groups
- PCOS – a comprehensive endocrine, nutrition and fertility program
Fertility Preservation: Egg Freezing
Oocyte cryopreservation – also known as egg freezing – is a type of assisted reproductive technology for women who want or need to delay motherhood.
Egg freezing may be a viable option for women with cancer who face surgery, radiation or chemotherapy that could leave their ovaries at risk.
Reproductive options for the future
Before the start of cancer treatments, physicians can stimulate a woman’s ovaries and retrieve eggs for freezing. The process often takes just a few short weeks giving patients time to store eggs so they have reproductive options for the future. These eggs can be thawed and combined with sperm at a later date for embryo transfer.
For More Information
To search for a doctor in Infertility and Reproductive Endocrinology, use our convenient Find a Doctor online tool. If you need a physician referral, please call us at 1-800-511-9971. Visit our patient and visitor information section to learn more about Danbury Hospital.