The Lung Cancer Program at Danbury Hospital provides the highest level of care for patients with cancers of the lung and thoracic cavity. Our team of highly skilled specialists makes Danbury Hospital one of the leading centers for the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of lung cancer and other cancers in the chest cavity.
Patients in the Lung Cancer Program benefit from:
- Diagnostic expertise: Our doctors have expertise in many advanced diagnostic techniques such as endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS), endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), Bronchoscopy, and radiofrequency ablation
- Multidisciplinary care: We take a team approach to patient care, working with specialists from many departments to coordinate services. Our comprehensive team of experts, including specialists from Pulmonology, Surgery, and Oncology, meet regularly to identify the best treatment plan for every patient diagnosed with lung cancer
- Advanced surgical techniques: Our thoracic surgeons emphasize minimally invasive procedures, such as video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS), so patients have less pain, less risk, and the fastest return to normal life
- Clinical trials: Every lung cancer is considered for entry into the latest national protocols. We are dedicated to finding the most up-to-date treatment options for every lung cancer patient including review of available clinical trials
- Support services: Our Cancer Care Coordinator provides support and education about diagnosis, surgery, and treatment to all lung cancer patients in the Praxair Cancer Center
For More Information
For more information on the Lung Cancer Program, please visit Thoracic Surgery or talk to your doctor about Danbury Hospital.
For a doctor referral, call 1-800-511-8639 or search our Find a Doctor online tool to find a doctor near you. Visit our patient and visitor information guide for more detailed information about Danbury Hospital.