Good nutrition can be especially vital during cancer treatment. Making careful nutrition choices before, during, and after treatment will help your body to function at its best. At the Praxair Cancer Center a registered dietitian and certified specialist in oncology nutrition is here to assist you.
Eating Well During Cancer Treatment
There are numerous reasons why it’s better for you or your family member to eat well during treatments for cancer. A few of these reasons are:
- You feel better
- You will better keep up your strength and energy
- You keep up your weight and your body's store of nutrients
- You can better tolerate treatment-related side effects
- You will decrease your risk of infection
- You can heal and recover quickly
For More Information
Need a physician referral? Call 1-800-511-8639 or search our Find a Doctor online tool to find a doctor near you. You can also visit our patient and visitor iformation guide for more detailed information about Danbury Hospital.