Oral Surgery, Department of Surgery
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Danbury Hospital provides programs and services for the mouth, jaws and face including:
- Removal of wisdom teeth, and other diseased or impacted teeth
- Placement of dental implants that look, feel and function like natural teeth, which also may require bone reconstruction and modification of gum tissue surrounding the implants
- Removal of benign and malignant cysts and tumors, and treatment of severe infections of the oral cavity, salivary glands, jaws and neck
- Surgical repair and reconstruction of facial and oral trauma to restore esthetics and function
- Facial reconstructive and cosmetic surgery
- Corrective surgery of misaligned jaws, dentofacial (bite) deformities and birth defects such as cleft lip and palate
- Treatment of TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorders, or problems that occur when the joints of the jaw and the chewing muscles (muscles of mastication) do not work together properly and cause pain or a clicking sound
For More Information
To locate a doctor specializing in oral surgery, please use our Find a Doctor online tool or call us at 1-800-516-3658.
You may also find more resources in our comprehensive patient and visitor information section. Stop by there and learn more about Danbury Hospital.