Orthopedic Surgery, Department of Surgery
Orthopedic Surgery at Danbury Hospital will deliver the expert orthopedic care you expect and can help make the difference in your life that you desire.
From our board-certified surgeons and anesthesiologists to our orthopedic nurses and physical therapists, we are expertly trained to coordinate care to ensure the end results you need to get back in the game.
- Board-certified, fellowship-trained surgeons and specialists trained in all areas of orthopedics, many with advanced education in minimally invasive surgical techniques. Our board-certified surgeons have developed unique expertise by specializing their practices in distinct areas of orthopedic care. Their record demonstrates superior patient outcomes and high levels of patient satisfaction.
- Over 3000 patients a year chose to have their orthopedic and spine surgery done at Danbury Hospital.
- Last year, over 800 patients had a joint replacement at Danbury Hospital
- Another 560 patients had their complex spine surgery done here in Danbury.
- Advanced surgical techniques including minimally invasive arthroscopic techniques, high definition monitoring and computer assisted surgery, all designed to achieve better outcomes and shorten recovery times
Advanced Pain Management
- Dedicated anesthesiologists certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology
- State-of-the-art pain management techniques, including regional anesthesia techniques that limit the side effects found with general anesthesia and promote faster recovery
Continuum of Care
- Dedicated care coordinator for total joint replacement and spine patients.
- Dedicated orthopedic operating rooms and clinical support staff
- Dedicated orthopedic recovery unit with physician assistants, nursing and rehabilitation staff trained in the specialized care of the orthopedic patient
- State of the art diagnostic imaging technology in a fully digital environment
- Outpatient physical and occupational therapy
For More Information
To learn more about orthopedic surgery and related care at Danbury Hospital, you can call 1-800-511-9816 for a physician referral, or ask your doctor about the Center for Advanced Orthopedic and Spine Care.
You can also use our online Find a Doctor tool to find a doctor in your area.