Spine Surgery, Department of Surgery
The Spine Program at Danbury Hospital offers life-changing options: exciting treatment advances, new technologies, and an expert team of doctors and surgeons.
It's at Danbury Hospital where you'll find innovative technologies and cutting-edge treatments that bring a new perspective to spinal care. And it's closer than you think.
If you're looking for the most highly skilled doctors and state-of-the-art solutions for neck and back problems, ask your doctor about why you should choose The Spine Program at Danbury Hospital. It's one of Connecticut's premier resources for spine care, all to take away pain and to bring back your healthy lifestyle.
- Danbury Hospital ranks among Connecticut's top hospitals for total number of spine surgeries per year
- The Spine Program at Danbury Hospital provides one of the most comprehensive multi-disciplinary spine programs in Connecticut comprised of top neurosurgeons, orthopedic spine surgeons, anesthesiologists, pain management specialists, physiatrists, radiologists, neuroradiologists, physical therapists and chiropractors who work together to create a superior continuum of care
- Board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic and neurosurgeons specializing in spine surgery. Their record demonstrates superior patient outcomes and high levels of patient satisfaction
- Advanced surgical techniques including motion preserving technology and minimally invasive techniques, all designed to achieve better outcomes and shorten recovery times
Advanced Pain Management
- Dedicated anesthesiologists certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology
- Full integration with pain management anesthesiologists and physiatrists.
Continuum of Care
- Patients can feel confident that clinical team members discuss every case to ensure the highest quality and to determine the most beneficial clinical approach for each patient. This peer review among the spine team providers promotes a level of quality, safety and specialization that is not typical of hospitals without dedicated spine centers
- Latest imaging technology including 3T MRI, advanced CT scanning and intraoperative monitoring techniques offer physicians more information and patients a higher level of safety, reduced hospital stays and recovery times
- Dedicated spine operating rooms and clinical support staff
- Dedicated spine recovery unit with physician assistants, nursing and rehabilitation staff trained in the specialized care of the spine patient
- Acute in hospital therapy services and dedicated in patient rehabilitation unit
- Outpatient physical and occupational therapy
- Access to home care services with Western Connecticut Home Care (formerly DVNA)
- Collaboration with local sub-acute rehabilitation facilities
For More Information
If you have questions about spine surgery ask your doctor about the Center for Advanced Orthopedic and Spine Care. For a physician referral call 1-800-511-9816 or search our online Find a Doctor tool.