Western Connecticut Home Care
Our nurses are trained to care for you through many different life events, including:
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and newborn care
- Children and Families
- Senior care and elder care
Pregnancy, Childbirth and Newborn Care
New mothers, especially those who’ve experienced a high-risk pregnancy, may need special medical attention. Your Western Connecticut Home Care registered nurse can provide you with:
- Support to manage your gestational diabetes — an RN diabetic educator is available for our patients
- Care you need to heal after giving birth, including post-cesarean wound care
- Emotional support as you adjust to this life-changing event, including helping you to recognize the signs of postpartum depression
After your baby is born, you’ll want to be sure he or she is healthy and is growing properly. Your Western Connecticut Home Care registered nurse can:
- Provide specialized care for premature or low birth weight babies, babies with underlying medical conditions, or those who experienced birth trauma
- Measure your baby and assess his or her health and development, and monitor the need for any early intervention services
- Answer questions about caring for your baby, and show you how to breastfeed, diaper, feed, dress, and bathe your baby safely
Children and Families
Western Connecticut Home Care offers services for infants and children who require home care for short-term (acute) and long-lasting (chronic) conditions, as well as for medically fragile children, children who may have developmental issues or special needs, and for high-risk families.
Western Connecticut Home Care also conducts Well Child exams, and provides services for children in Connecticut through the Katie Becket Waiver Program.
Our skilled nurses and certified home health aides offer a wide range of senior care services. We work with your doctors and other healthcare providers to provide an overall health assessment, and develop and coordinate a plan of care.
We can also help:
- Manage care for age-related illnesses, such as Alzheimer’s disease
- Administer respiratory therapies
- Provide stroke rehabilitation
- Monitor general health and help manage medications
- Help order medical supplies and equipment
We can also provide support with daily living and household management, by helping with bathing and dressing, shopping for and preparing meals, performing household chores, arranging for transportation, and helping to arrange for legal and financial assistance.
For More Information
Contact Western Connecticut Home Care for more information on our home healthcare and public health and community wellness services.