At Danbury Hospital we believe healthcare should be delivered in a way that works best for patients and their families, and that actively engages them in their care.
Our values comprise principles that encompass all aspects of care consistent with leading patient-centered organizations.
Danbury Hospital Believes:
- In providing patients with safe, accessible, high-quality care
- That a patient is an individual to be cared for, not a medical condition to be treated
- Each patient is a unique person, with diverse needs
- Patients are partners and have knowledge and expertise that is essential to their care
- Family, friends, and loved ones are vital to the healing process and also serve as partners
- The opportunity for individuals to be actively engaged in — and to make personal choices related to — their care as an essential key to their wellbeing
- In taking the responsibility for maximizing patients' opportunities for making choices, and for respecting those choices
- Each staff member is a caregiver, whose role is to "be present with" — and to meet the needs of — each patient. "Presence" is defined as a state of being available in a situation with the wholeness of one's individual being; the relational style and quality of “being with” rather than “doing to”
- In supporting staff members in achieving their highest professional aspirations, as well as their personal goals, which helps our patients
- Caregiving is best achieved through kindness and compassion as an extension of what each of our staff would want for themselves and their loved ones
- A holistic approach adds to meeting people's needs of caring for mind, body, and spirit
- Access to understandable health information can empower individuals to participate in their health
- In understanding and respecting cultural differences during interactions with patients and family members
- The physical environment can enhance healing, health, and wellbeing
For More Information
The mission of Danbury Hospital guides us to do our best for each and every person who comes through our doors. We are committed to providing our patients and their loved ones with the highest level of clinical excellence and compassionate care, and continually strive to improve each patient's experience at Danbury Hospital.
If you have any questions or would like to talk about your stay at Danbury Hospital, please contact Patient Relations.