Spiritual Care at Danbury Hospital consists of ordained and lay chaplains who regularly visit patients throughout the hospital to provide emotional and spiritual support including presence, conversation, counseling, sacraments, or someone to pray or read scripture with you. You can also call us to request that a chaplain visit with you.
When To Call a Chaplain
- You feel anxious about being in the hospital
- You're facing a difficult decision
- You feel discouraged
- You're asking God, "Why?"
- You want someone to join you in prayer
- You want to receive the sacraments
- Someone close to you is dying or has died
- You're having surgery or a medical procedure
- Your family is upset
- You've heard some bad news
- You've heard some good news
- You need help in contacting your clergy
To Request a Chaplain:
Monday thru Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- From inside the hospital, call the Pastoral Care Office directly at extension 7059
- Ask your nurse for assistance, or
- Dial "0" for the operator who will locate a chaplain for you
Evenings and Weekends
- Ask your nurse or dial "0" for the operator to reach for emergency requests.
For More Information
We are here to help you. If you still have questions or need to speak with a member of our Spiritual Care team, please call 203-739-7059 (from within the hospital, dial 7059).