Q: What are the application requirements for the Danbury Hospital Internal Medicine Residency Program?
- A:Current Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcripts
- USMLE Scores
- Complex Scores (if applicable)
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- Visa Status (if applicable)
Q: Does the Internal Medicine residency program accept applications from foreign medical graduates and do we sponsor Visa's?
- A: Yes, H1-B Visa's and J-1 Visa's.
Q: Does Internal Medicine participate in ERAS and NRMP?
Q: Do we accept outside applications?
- A: No, we ONLY ACCEPT applications from ERAS applicants.
Q: How many applicants do you accept per year?
- A: Internal Medicine usually accepts 12 Categorical residents per year. We start reviewing our applications in September and setting up interviews in October and November. You will be notified with an e-mail if you are selected to interview.
Q: What USMLE steps are required?
- A: Step 1 and Step 2 CS and CK are required.
Q: Is US clinical experience required?
- A: Helpful but not mandatory.
For More Information
Please contact us if you have questions about the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Danbury Hospital, or would like more information.