You can use leftover turkey for this easy dish. Add the potato and broccoli for a satisfying nutritious meal!
Turkey Cutlet with Apricot-Mustard Glaze
- 4 turkey cutlets
- 4 oz. Apricot preserves
- 1 ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-tablespoon margarine
- Put cutlets in 7x10-inch pan.
- Heat preserves and margarine in a separate pan.
- Stir in mustard.
- Brush over cutlets.
- Bake 325 degrees uncovered, for 25 minutes or until tender.
- If using leftover turkey- heat just until heated through.
Yield: 4 servings
- Calories: 228
- Fat: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrate: 15 g
Fruity Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- 1-teaspoon low fat margarine
- ¼ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped pineapple
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- Pinch of allspice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil the potatoes in a pan until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove skins.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes; add the margarine, fruit juice and broth. Whip until fluffy.
- Add the chopped pineapple and spices. Mix well.
- Coat a 1-quart baking dish w/ nonstick spray.
- Transfer the potato mixture into the dish. Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Yield: 8 servings (2/3 cup)
- Calories: 116
- Fat: .7g (0.2g saturated fat)
- Carbohydrate: 26.1 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.1 mg
- Sodium: 23 mg
- 1 ½ pound fresh broccoli
- 1-teaspoon canola oil
- ½ tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1-tablespoon sugar
- Trim large leaves and end of stalks from broccoli.
- Wash under cold, running water; separate into spears and arrange in a vegetable steamer over boiling water.
- Cover and steam 7 minutes or until crisp and tender.
- Drain; place in a serving bowl.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sesame seeds; sauté until lightly browned.
- Add lemon juice, soy sauce and sugar; heat until sugar dissolves.
- Drizzle sauce over broccoli, tossing to coat.
Yield: 8 servings (1/2 cup)
- Calories: 40
- Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 5 g
For More Information
To learn more about the Community Nutrition Center at Danbury Hospital, please contact The Community Nutrition Center. Need to find a doctor? Use our Find a Doctor online tool or call 1-800-516-3658 for a physician referral.