Heart and Vascular Conditions We Treat
At Danbury Hospital’s Praxair Center, we provide expert, collaborative, multidisciplinary care, inpatient and outpatient, for the full range of cardiovascular conditions, including those that affect the heart, heart valves and the vascular system.
We offer the full spectrum of advanced treatments and procedures for cardiovascular disease in the areas of:
- General Cardiology
- Cardiac Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Interventional Cardiology
- Structural Heart
Common Heart & Vascular Conditions We Treat:
- Atrial Fibrillation (Irregular Heartbeat)
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Chest Pain
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Peripheral Artery Disease
Click Read More below to view the full list of conditions we treat.
Heart and Vascular Diagnostics and Testing
Our expert physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses and support staff are serious about their role in supporting the heart health of everyone in our community. Whether for screening, diagnostic tests or treatment for a heart or valve condition, we provide compassionate care that is personalized to your needs.
Diagnostics and tests we offer include:
- Coronary angiography
- Diagnostic electrophysiology studies (EPS)
- Holter Monitor
- Stress Tests
Click Read More below to view the full list of diagnostics and tests we offer.
Heart and Vascular Treatments and Procedures
Among the advanced treatments and procedures we provide are:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) surgery
- Aortic valve replacement
- Catheter ablation
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) therapy
- Heart bypass surgery
- Hybrid convergent procedure for atrial fibrillation (Afib)
- Mitral valve repair/replacement
- Open Heart Surgery
- Pacemaker and ICD placement
- Stent placement
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm surgery, open
Click Read More below to view the full list of treatments and procedures we offer.
Awards & Accreditations
At Danbury Hospital, our cardiovascular prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation staff and programs are honored to have earned the following national recognitions and awards.
- Chest Pain Center accreditation* from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Mission Lifeline – EMS Award, American Heart Association (2014)
- Re-Accreditation – Echocardiography, Intersocietal Accreditations Commission (IAC) (2014 – 2017)
- Re-Accreditation – Nuclear Medicine, American College of Radiology (2015 – 2018)
- Accreditation – Vascular Surgery Vein Center, Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) (2015)