Emergency Medical Technician Course - EMT-B
Completion of this EMT-Basic course qualifies a person to take the National Registry Exam, to receive the Connecticut and National EMT-B certification. This is often the first class a person takes to begin training in Emergency Medical Services, as either a volunteer or paid provider.
Upon completion of this training, the EMT is able to address life-threatening conditions and stabilize non-life-threatening situations.
Our training program far exceeds state and national EMS curricula requirements. We provide hands-on experience and supplement classroom lecture with real world practice in the Danbury Hospital Emergency Department. All participants will work on ambulances with our experienced EMTs and Paramedics.
As a member of an EMS team, you make a difference in the lives of others. During your EMT training, you will gain the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to be a valuable part of the emergency health care system and community.
- September 11, 2017 – November 18, 2017 at New Milford Hospital
- Meets every Monday and Wednesday, 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm and occasional Saturdays 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- September 19, 2017 – December 16, 2017 at Danbury Hospital
- Meets every Tuesday and Thursday, 7:00 pm- 11:00 pm and occasional Saturdays 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
155 contact hours over three months, including two 8 hour clinical rotations in an ambulance
- Danbury Hospital, 24 Hospital Ave. Danbury, CT
- New Milford Hospital , 21 Elm Street. New Milford, CT
$895 includes text book/workbook/uniform shirt
For questions or to register, please call: (203) 739-4916 or click here to complete the registration form.