To be considered, applicants must have completed three years of Internal Medicine training in an ACGME accredited residency by the time the fellowship begins.
The Cardiology Division of the Department of Medicine participates in the Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Match administered through the National Residency Match Program.
- All applications for the Training Program in Cardiovascular Medicine will be electronically processed through the ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) web site
- The program accepts two trainees per year for a minimum of three years
- Fellowship positions are offered approximately 8 months before the fellowship is to begin through the matching program. Applicants are notified regarding interviews after the ERAS application and all required ERAS documentation has been received
All applicants interested in training at Danbury Hospital will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
How to Apply
We participate in the National Residency Match program. Applications must be submitted through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
The following is a list of required materials from all applicants:
- Common application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical school transcripts
- USMLE scores
- Dean's letter (Medical School Program Evaluation)
- ECFMG scores (if applicable)
- Three Letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
How many candidates do you accept each year?
We accept two candidates per year.
How many internal candidates vs. external candidates do you accept?
We have no policy regarding internal vs. external candidates. We make every effort to select the best candidates available regardless of their current position.
Will you consider my application if materials are missing by the deadline?
Due to the volume of applications, incomplete applications will not be considered.
Will you let me know when you receive my application?
Unfortunately, given the volume of applicants, individual communications are difficult. If you have submitted your completed application to ERAS, we will review the application and contact you only if you have been selected for an interview.
I was selected for an interview but cannot make the interview date. May I reschedule the interview?
Interviews are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. If you cannot make your interview date, please contact the fellowship administrator to see if other days are available. If all interview slots are full, we will not be able to make individual accommodations.