From infertility care to genetic counseling, prenatal testing to expert management of high-risk pregnancies, we offer comprehensive, warmly personal prenatal care. Our infertility and reproductive endocrinology specialists achieve pregnancy rates in the nation’s top one percent.
Infertility and Reproductive Endocrinology
Our physicians are board-certified in both obstetrics and gynecology, as well as reproductive endocrinology and infertility. We offer the most advanced infertility therapies available, including endocrinology, surgical and in-vitro fertilization techniques.
Prenatal Care at Danbury Hospital
Our Danbury Hospital obstetricians are board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology. They are assisted by a highly skilled group of registered nurses, physician assistants and technicians. We offer expert maternal-fetal medicine care for the management of high-risk pregnancies, as well as board-certified neonatologists in the hospital 24 hours a day to care for premature or sick babies.
High Risk Pregnancy Care at Danbury Hospital
Women may consult a maternal-fetal medicine physician before getting pregnant for pre-conception counseling or during the pregnancy if concerns arise. Services are available in the Danbury Hospital Family Birth Center and on an outpatient basis.
You may want to consult with a perinatologist for preconception counseling before pregnancy if you have:
- High blood pressure
- Preeclampsia (high blood pressure) during pregnancy
- Other medical conditions that may be affected by or could impact your pregnancy.
Our maternal-fetal medicine physicians also assist pregnant women who are:
- Carrying multiple babies
- Experiencing premature labor
- Concerned about the developing fetus
- Managing an existing medical condition or who develop a medical condition (such as gestational diabetes) that impacts mother-baby health.
We also care for pregnant women who require long hospital stays (observation) to ensure the well-being of both mother and child.
Genetic Counseling & Prenatal Testing
The Antenatal Testing Suite at Danbury Hospital offers genetic counseling services and antepartum (“before childbirth”) tests to assess the health and development of your baby.
Antepartum tests can include:
- Prenatal genetic counseling
- Anatomic level II ultrasounds
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS)
- Non-stress tests to monitor the baby’s heart rate before the stress of labor.
Childbirth Education and Breastfeeding Classes
Our childbirth education classes, Programs for Parents, give both partners the opportunity to learn about the details of giving birth and to share their joys and concerns with other expectant parents. Instructors from the Family Birth Center explain the changes that occur throughout pregnancy and prepare you for childbirth and what to expect once the baby arrives.
- Programs For Parents 2 day course:
- Childbirth preparation
- Baby care basics
- One-Day Childbirth Preparation Class – Baby Care Basics: Programs for Parents offers a one-day Childbirth Preparation Class. Please visit our News and Events page to learn more and register.
- Breastfeeding Class: Programs for Patients offers a Breastfeeding class for expectant parents. Please call (866) 374-0007 to register.
- Tour of the Family Birth Center: Expectant parents may also tour the Family Birth Center. Registration is required. Please call (866) 374-0007 to register.