Mission Health Day
Western Connecticut Health Network colleagues are invited to come together for Mission Health Day on Saturday October 13, 2018 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Mission Health Day is a special event designed to connect community members in need – the uninsured, underinsured and those with housing at risk – with essential health screenings and services, social services, winter clothing, personal care items and refreshments.
Mission Health Day is being led by a large team of WCHN volunteers representing many departments in collaboration with Western CT State University, The New American Dream Foundation, The City of Danbury Health and Human Services and Boehringer Ingelheim. As a team, we seek to share our services with those in need. All are invited to join us as we bring our mission to life and connect community members with essential health screenings, services and amenities. Come be part of something special.
We are especially in need of volunteers who speak Portuguese and Spanish fluently. If you can assist attendees who may speak limited English, please contact us.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for this event. The response has been incredibly overwhelming. Registration is now closed. We hope you will consider volunteering next year.
- Medical services
- General health screenings, including 15 minutes with a medical provider
- General history, physical exam, health assessment, vital signs measurement, blood pressure screening, basic point of care testing
- Referrals for primary care follow up to a local medical home
- Vaccines, medication and essential prescriptions
- Flu vaccinations
- DTAP vaccinations
- Potential blood pressure medication
- Cancer screening
- On-site referrals for Mammography
- Pulmonary assessment, early screening for COPD
- Smoking cessation screening and referrals for assistance
- Podiatry screening and foot washing by faith community nurses and volunteers
- Behavioral health screening, substance abuse screening and referral
Physicians, nurses and care providers are needed to run the screenings. Come share your time and talent! Contact: Amy Lionheart at (203) 739-7277 or Amy.Lionheart@wchn.org, or Miranda Dold at 203-739-4921 or Miranda.Dold@wchn.org.
Employees are needed to help greet guests, serve food, distribute clothing, etc. Contact: email@example.com
WCHN employees enrolled in the Vitive Health Program will receive 10 VH Points for volunteering. Employee spouses and family members over the age of 18 are invited to volunteer, however childcare is only offered for attendees, not staff or volunteers.
We will be collecting winter coats, gloves, mittens, socks and boots. Look for donation bins in main hospital entrances and larger offsite locations September 1 – October 5. We are especially looking for donations of value size packages of thick tube socks, for men and women.
Spread the Word
Help spread the word with your colleagues and distribute flyers to generate awareness and drive participation. Click here to download the flyer.
To learn more, contact: Event Chair – Dr. Patrick Broderick, Emergency Services, (203) 739-7405.