Mission Health Day
Western Connecticut Health Network colleagues are invited to come together for Mission Health Day on October 28, 2017 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Mission Health Day is a special event designed to connect community members in need – the uninsured, underinsured and those with housing at risk – with essential health screenings and services, social services, winter clothing, personal care items and refreshments.
Mission Health Day is being led by a large team of WCHN volunteers representing many departments in collaboration with Western CT State University. As a team, we seek to share our services with those in need. All are invited to join us as we bring our mission to life and connect community members with essential health screenings, services and amenities. Come be part of something special.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering, unfortunately at this time we are no longer accepting volunteers for the event. If you have any questions, please contact Amy Lionheart at (203)-739-7384.
- Medical services
- General health screenings, including 15 minutes with a medical provider
- General history, physical exam, health assessment, vital signs measurement, blood pressure screening, basic point of care testing
- Referrals for primary care follow up to a local medical home
- Vaccines, medication and essential prescriptions
- Flu vaccinations
- DTAP vaccinations
- Potential blood pressure medication
- Cancer screening
- On-site referrals for Mammography
- Pulmonary assessment, early screening for COPD
- Smoking cessation screening and referrals for assistance
- Podiatry screening and foot washing by faith community nurses and volunteers
- Vision screenings by Danbury Lions Club
- Behavioral health screening, substance abuse screening and referral
Physicians, nurses and care providers are needed to run the screenings. Come share your time and talent! Contact: Amy Lionheart at (203) 739-7277.
Employees are needed to help greet guests, serve food, distribute clothing, etc. Contact: email@example.com
We will be collecting winter coats, gloves, mittens, socks and boots. Look for donation bins in main hospital entrances and larger offsite locations September 1 – October 26.
Spread the Word
Help spread the word with your colleagues and distribute flyers to generate awareness and drive participation.