Financial Assistance Policy
Are You Uninsured or Having Problems Paying Your Hospital Bills?
We may be able to help. If you are coping with a personal hardship due to lack of insurance or extraordinary medical costs, financial assistance may be available to cover some or all of the costs of inpatient, outpatient, and emergency services provided at Danbury Hospital.
Please note: Danbury Hospital will always provide emergency medical treatment without regard to your ability to pay.
Danbury Hospital will provide you with financial assistance in the event the following conditions are met:
- You have one or more outstanding balances due to Danbury Hospital
- You have applied and been denied eligibility for any medical or health care coverage provided under Medicaid or State Administered General Assistance (SAGA) due to failure to satisfy income or other eligibility requirements
- You are not eligible for coverage for hospital services under any other health or accident insurance program (including workers' compensation, third-party liability, motor vehicle insurance)
- Your household income is at or below 250 percent of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines (Based on the annual Federal Poverty Guidelines)
If your family income is below 400 percent of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines, you may still be eligible for a discount on hospital charges.
Our trained financial counselors are available to assist you in determining whether you qualify for financial assistance. Our financial counselors can assist you with applying for financial assistance from government programs, and with establishing payment arrangements. They also can approve adjustments to your balance based on financial need and/or medical hardship.
Policy and Procedure
Please Contact Us:
- By telephone at 203-739-7773
- Monday through Friday: 8 am – 4:30 pm
- By appointment or walk-in at 5 Tower Lobby Business Unit
- Monday through Friday: 8 am – 4 pm