Recognizing our Donors
Since its founding, Danbury Hospital has benefited tremendously from the philanthropic support of the entire community. Gifts to Danbury Hospital not only fund innovative care, thoughtful teaching, and landmark research, they fuel our dreams. At Danbury Hospital we recognize our family of supporters in a number of ways to express our sincere gratitude for their philanthropic investment.
An endowed chair is the most prestigious honor that Western Connecticut Health Network (WCHN) can bestow upon its faculty. Endowed chairs honor and recognize the distinction of outstanding staff and provide a perpetual source of annual income for use in teaching, research or clinical activities—all of which ultimately advance patient care.
Endowed chairs foster innovation, scholarship and research and support forward-thinking and creative projects that imagine and shape the future. Endowed chairs are also among WCHN’s most powerful recruiting tools as they both attract and retain exceptional faculty while bestowing the highest form of recognition for distinguished teaching, scholarship and clinical service.
Deeply rooted in our ties to the communities we serve, WCHN’s commitment to clinical excellence and compassionate care is fueled by philanthropic investment in our facilities, programs and patient care services.
Endowed chairs are established with a minimum gift of $1 million, providing a perpetual source of funding from investment earnings while maintaining the principal.
For more information about endowed chairs at WCHN, contact the Foundation office.
Our Endowed Chairs
- Bedoukian Endowed Chair for Innovation and Research at WCHN
- Fred and Irmi Bering Endowed Chair in Minimally Invasive Surgery at Danbury Hospital
- Carmen L. and Peter Buck Endowed Chair in Surgery at WCHN
- Linda and Stephen R. Cohen Endowed Chair in Vascular Surgery at Danbury Hospital
- Colabella Family Endowed Chair in Pediatrics at WCHN
- Andrew Cruz Endowed Chair in Palliative Care at WCHN
- Ervie and Carolyn Hawley Endowed Chair in Orthopaedic Spine Surgery at Danbury Hospital
- Harold and Cora Spratt Endowed Chair in Colon and Rectal Surgery at Danbury Hospital
- Christian J. Trefz Family Endowed Chair in Global Health at WCHN
- Beatrice Hofstadter White Endowed Chair for Nursing Education and Research at WCHN
The Stroock Society was instituted in 2007. Named for the Danbury Hospital Development Fund’s founders and generous Hospital benefactors, Bertram & Margaret Stroock, the Stroock Society recognizes donors whose total contributions to Danbury Hospital exceed $1 million.
For more information, contact the Foundation office.
The Presidents’ Club recognizes and honors the generosity of our most dedicated donors, whose philanthropic partnership plays a vital role in helping Danbury, New Milford and Norwalk Hospitals meet the current and future healthcare needs of our community.
Western Connecticut Health Network is committed to providing compassionate, progressive and personalized medical care, whenever needed. As our Hospitals continue to enhance and expand patient-care programs and services, progress is sustained through the generosity of our loyal donors.
With your help, we can ensure exceptional care for generations to come. We invite you to join the Presidents’ Club today!
Presidents’ Club Membership
Presidents’ Club members receive exclusive communications from WCHN leadership as well as invitations to Network events and receptions.
Additional benefits include:
Ambassadors: $2,000 – $4,999
- Invitation to annual Presidents’ Club reception
- Recognition in Foundation publications
- Designated Foundation team member contact
Benefactors: $5,000 – $9,999
Benefactors enjoy the benefits of Ambassadors, plus:
- Access to North Star Assistance
- Personal Hospital tours
Investors: $10,000 – $24,999
In addition to Benefactors benefits, Investors qualify for:
- Navigators Program membership
- Invitation to the annual Distinguished Philanthropy Dinner
Catalysts: $25,000 – $49,999
Innovators: $50,000 – $99,000
Catalysts, Innovators and Visionaries receive Investors benefits, plus:
- Hospital naming opportunity
For more information about the Presidents’ Club, please contact the Foundation office.
* Based on total tax-deductible contributions made within a calendar year.
In Western Connecticut Health Network’s quest for healthcare excellence in the region, state-of-the-art facilities must be built, reconfigured and maintained in order to continually provide the highest level of quality care to our patients and families. Philanthropic support is vital to this progress. To honor our $1,000+ donors to special projects, each hospital in the Network has one or more Neighborhood Wall recognition systems artistically designed and installed in highly visible locations.
Neighborhood Walls are offered across the Network. Plaque sizes are based on gift amount. For pricing and availability, please contact the Foundation office.
Examples of Neighborhood Walls offered across WCHN:
Spratt Family Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Giving Wall
- Estelle’s Eden
- Kellen Inpatient Pediatric Center (Rendering Coming Soon)
- Family Birth Center
- Kellen Emergency Department
- 7th Floor Critical Care Unit / Step Down
- 8th Floor Joint and Spine Centers
- Frank J. Kelly Medical Arts Center (Photo Coming Soon)
New Milford Hospital
- Neighborhood Cable Wall (Photo Coming Soon)
Bauer Emergency Care Center (Photo Coming Soon)
- Whittingham Cancer Center Neighborhood Wall