A Tradition of Excellence
The organizations that make up Western Connecticut Health Network share a commitment to clinical excellence and patient satisfaction that has been recognized by numerous prestigious organizations in 2011.
Danbury Hospital received the 2011 Crimson Physician Partnership Award from the Advisory Board Company for its efforts to improve clinical outcomes while documenting $2.9 million in cost reduction.
- Danbury Hospital was recognized for exemplary surgical outcomes for the third time (2008, 2010, 2011) by the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program.
- Danbury Hospital’s Critical Care Unit earned the Beacon Award for Excellence in Critical Care from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses.
Western Connecticut Medical Group (formerly Danbury Office of Physician Services) earned “Medical Home” designation for its Brookfield and Southbury primary care locations – the first healthcare delivery system in Connecticut to earn the designation.
Western Connecticut Home Care (formerly Danbury VNA) was named to the 2011 HomeCare Elite™, a compilation of the top-performing home health agencies in the United States. Now in its sixth year, the HomeCare Elite identifies the top 25 percent of agencies, ranking them by an analysis of performance measures in quality outcomes, process of care measures, and financial performance.
- Danbury Hospital was recognized by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement for its efforts to improve safety and comfort with surgical patients for its initiative for “Decreasing Inadvertent Perioperative Hypothermia.”
New Milford Hospital was recognized by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement for its quality improvement initiative, “Building a Healthy Patient Dining Experience,” for implementation of a sustainable food system with exceptional customer service to positively impact patient satisfaction scores.
- The American Hospital Association recognized New Milford Hospital’s Plow to Plate program nationally in their annual Community Connections publication, Health Promotion category. This program focuses on community selection of nutritious foods while their Senior Supper program offers low-cost, nutritional dinners with a social atmosphere to community seniors.
- Danbury Hospital’s Sleep Disorders Center received reaccreditation from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- New Milford Hospital earned Accredited Breast Center status from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
- Danbury Hospital earned Gold Standard Accreditation in breast ultrasound from the American College of Radiology.
- New Milford Hospital’s Regional Cancer Center was successfully accredited by the American College of Surgeons.