Communication Regarding the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005
Pursuant to the False Claims Recovery Employee Education provisions in the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 (“DRA”), Nuvance Health is required to inform all of its workforce members, business affiliates, and agents (collectively “Covered Individuals”) about: (i) Nuvance Health’s internal policies covering the prevention and detection of fraud, waste, and abuse; (ii) the Federal False Claims Act; (iii) the Federal administrative remedies for false claims and statements; (iv) laws of the State of Connecticut and the State of New York ( collectively “State”) pertaining to civil or criminal penalties for false claims and statements; and (iv) whistleblower protections under Federal and State laws. Accordingly, a memorandum summarizing these policies and laws, as well as copies of key Nuvance Health compliance-related polices, are provided below for availability to Covered Individuals.
- Memorandum from the Chief Compliance, Audit & Privacy Officer regarding the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005
- WCHN Code of Conduct & Business Ethics
- WCHN Corporate Compliance Program Policy
- WCHN Prevention of Fraud, Waste and Abuse Policy
- WCHN Reporting of Compliance Questions or Concerns and Organizational Response Policy
- WCHN Non-Retaliation for Reports Policy
- WCHN Compliance – Internal Investigations Policy
Please click on the following link to view the Health Quest System’s Inc. Policies and Procedures cited in the Communication Regarding the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005.