Specially trained to work with infants, children, and adolescents, our comprehensive, multidisciplinary program focuses on developmental challenges.
Our occupational therapists address fine motor, visual-perceptual, sensory, and organizational skills to help children maximize their performance for daily activities such as play, self-care, and school activities.
Our physical therapists facilitate the development of children's gross motor skills such as crawling, walking, and running for those with orthopedic, rheumatoid, and neurologic diagnoses, while also working on motor planning and range of motion.
Speech language pathologists address problems related to communication in children, which include the areas of language development and articulation, fluency, voice, pragmatics, swallowing, and feeding. We also provide services with social interaction deficits and those children on the Autism Spectrum.
Other program features and benefits for our pediatric patients include:
- Individualized programs with full-time specialized staff
- Parent, family, and caregiver education
- Private treatment rooms
- Aquatic therapy in a heated pool
- Sensory integration and neurodevelopmental treatment techniques
- Pediatric gait training equipment
- Adaptive equipment assessments
- Case management and social work
We treat children with a variety of developmental and neurological disabilities including but not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Spina bifida
- Downs syndrome
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Extreme prematurity
- Oral and sensorimotor feeding disorders
- Rare genetic disorders
- Articulation disorders